Who wouldn’t want a tropical beach wedding? The warmth of the sun on your bare shoulders, the gentle sound of waves lapping at the shoreline nearby, guitarists serenading you as you walk towards an archway festooned with hibiscus flowers, your gorgeous white dress standing out magnificently against the turquoise lagoon… If you’re not already convinced, here are five great reasons why you’re much better off booking a tropical beach wedding package in Rarotonga than thinking about any of the venues closer to home.
1. It’s close to home if you are from New Zealand. From Auckland to the Cook Islands it is an easy 4 hour flight.
2. With stunning lagoon surroundings (including Titikaveka and Muri) – Rarotonga is known for its gorgeous beaches, warm temperatures (averaging between 22 and 30 degrees Celsius), lush foliage, crystal clear lagoons and sunsets that take your breath away. It’s guaranteed to start your married life off in the most romantic way possible. Note the weather is generally the best from May to October.
3. Stress free – When you decide on a tropical beach wedding package in Rarotonga, you decide on a stress free path to your most special day. Resorts usually have their own dedicated wedding co-ordinators and there are several other experienced freelance wedding planners working on the island. They know how to pull off your big day with ease and you can leave it to them to make sure that you have the most relaxing wedding day you could ever dream of.
4. Quality time with friends and family – Marrying among friends and family on a tropical beach in the South Pacific isn’t like the normal wedding experience where you don’t really have time to mix with your friends and family before rushing off for your honeymoon. Your tropical beach wedding package can include a small number of your closest friends and family, or more if you prefer. Because they’ll be travelling to the island and probably taking some holiday time there as well, you’ll be able to enjoy their company after the wedding in the relaxed environment that Rarotonga provides. You’ll each have your own private spaces, as well as the opportunity to get together whenever you feel like it. It’s a great way to introduce new family members to each other in a low stress environment and you’ll be able to share hours of long happy memories with those closest to you for the lifetime ahead.
5. It’s a photographer’s dream – You will cherish your amazing wedding photos featuring an idyllic beach setting where you are surrounded by glorious colours, perfect light and tropical treasures. Given that Rarotonga is only 32km in circumference, your photographer can drive you to many spectacular locations without worrying about the time.
6. Surprisingly affordable – When you think about the amount of money most people spend on a wedding at home followed by an overseas honeymoon, it’s well worth comparing the cost of a tropical beach wedding package in Rarotonga. You will probably invite fewer guests to a tropical beach wedding, which will reduce costs for a start. You won’t have to travel to your honeymoon destination – because you will already be there. A package deal means the flights; accommodation, meals and other options can be booked together to achieve substantial discounts. Many people who’ve done the numbers have opted for what they thought was an impossible dream – a wedding in paradise!